24 January 2011

when i awoke from my slumber



Let me tell you of a dream I had
Sleeping one late summer's night
I couldn't believe what I was seeing
From where I lay inside

When I awoke from my slumber
I couldn't believe my eyes
When I awoke from my sleep
The clouds had fallen from the sky

As if whales had gone from the sea
It seemed the clouds pulled from the sky
And laid upon the beach so breathlessly
And patiently waited to die

Now the air, it sticks
The air, it sweats.


I have been having those dreams where I know I'm dreaming lately. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything creative to do but fly. I would like to introduce some historical figures or dead relatives or go back in time or something next time. Ideas? I blame my alarm clock and the radio setting on it. I wonder. I should do a sleep study or exercise more or clear my nasal passages. I usually always dream. I always wake up and ask my boyfriend what he dreamt about. I'll start asking you guys too.


in other news, i'm very excited for warm weather - and for these head scarves. i must learn how to tie like this.


No comments: